Chicken Verde Enchiladas. Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verde Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verde. Shred the meat with a fork or knife. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time.
Look for a salsa with medium heat. Chicken Enchiladas Verde is a comforting Mexican enchilada dish consisting of corn tortillas rolled with shredded chicken and Monterrey Jack cheese, topped with a generous serving of Verde Sauce, and baked until bubbly. Today, we'll not only cover how to make an authentic, homemade batch of delicious Verde Enchiladas but we'll answer all your enchilada questions including: Shred chicken. You can cook Chicken Verde Enchiladas using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Verde Enchiladas
- You need 5 lbs of chicken thighs (you will need to pre-cook and shred).
- Prepare 2.5 cups of mild salsa verde.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Salsa Jalapena.
- Prepare 5 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2-7 oz. of Cans roasted green chilis(drain first).
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro chopped (3/4 cup).
- It’s 10 of oz.can (minimum) enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 of lime (juice from).
- It’s 4 cups of shredded jack cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sour cream.
- Prepare 24 of corn tortillas(pkg. of 30).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
After frying the tortillas and dipping in salsa verde, I filled with sour cream, the chicken, some onions and the cheese. This easy Mexican casserole with chicken, salsa verde, and corn tortillas is a dinner idea for the whole family. Naturally gluten-free, this chicken enchilada casserole uses rotisserie chicken for speedy prep and a delicious homemade salsa verde. The result is a healthy enchilada stack, perfect for a weeknight.
Chicken Verde Enchiladas step by step
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute minced garlic for 1 minute..
- Stir in the salsa verde and salsa jalapena. Then heat thoroughly..
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream and most of the cilantro saving a little for garnish..
- Taste. Add salt, pepper, or even more sour cream if sauce is too spicy..
- Set aside 2 cups of the sauce to use when assembling the enchiladas..
- Squeeze the juice of the lime all over the shredded chicken..
- Stir in shredded chicken and half of the cheese to main portion of the sauce..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 13×9 in. baking pans with cooking oil and spread half of the reserved sauce (minus chicken) in each baking pan..
- Put a portion of chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll, placing them in the pan side by side. (I quickly dip each tortilla in boiling water before rolling so they don't break).
- You will end up with 2 full pans of enchiladas. (Approximately 24 total).
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas and add cheese to the top. I prefer jack cheese, but use what you like..
- Cover pans with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes..
- Then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes..
- Serve with cilantro on top..
- I make spanish rice and beans to compliment this meal..
- Link to my Spanish Rice recipe:.
- Spanish Rice: Https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/11008554-spanish-rice?invite_token=RQZWEVG5tfSCLZwZBzneUxT1&shared_at=1604947576.
Build enchiladas: put about ¼ cup chicken mixture in center of tortilla, roll it up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Roll up the tortillas around the filling and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Divide the shredded chicken evenly among the tortillas and roll up each like a cigar. Arrange the enchiladas, seam-side down, in one layer. Roll a few tablespoons of shredded chicken into each tortilla with a teaspoon or so of salsa verde and place it seam-side down in the pan, nestling each one against the last.