Vegan Baked ‘Chicken’ [Tofu] Strips. Below are the best vegan chicken strips recipes. The cooking doesn't take a lot of time, and you'll be surprised by the taste. Vegan Strips with Chickpea and Mustard.
This dish makes and excellent Appetizer, Snack or Main Dish. It's also a great introduction into the vegan world, if you want to convert kids or meat-eaters to a healthier lifestyle. They taste great with sauces & dips or by themselves. You can cook Vegan Baked ‘Chicken’ [Tofu] Strips using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Baked ‘Chicken’ [Tofu] Strips
- It’s 2 pcs of firm tofu.
- You need 6 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 6 tbsp of unsweetened plant-based milk (I use soy milk).
- It’s 3 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs (I use Panko).
- You need 1/2 cup of red hot wings sauce (or you can use BBQ sauce).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper.
You need to make a lot though. How to Make Crispy Vegan "Chicken" Tenders Baked Tofu. To start everything off, wrap your tofu in a towel or paper towel, and put some weights over top. You can also choose to make vegan chicken strips by simply cutting your tofu in thin strips and baking it that way!
Vegan Baked ‘Chicken’ [Tofu] Strips instructions
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC..
- Drain and cut tofu into strips..
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well..
- Coat tofu sticks into batter. Roll them in the breadcrumbs..
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Arrange tofu strips on the baking sheets (Don’t stack)..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot..
Finally, you can even throw away the idea of tofu nuggets and make this exact recipe into crispy baked tofu by simply slicing the tofu into large flat pieces like filets! Even though these Vegan Chicken Nuggets are baked and not fried, it makes the crispiest and most delicious tofu! Just make sure to use firm tofu for the best results. Simply slice the tofu, and then press out as much of the liquid as you can by wrapping the tofu slices in paper towels (or a clean kitchen towel). Therefore this recipe cannot be made gluten-free.