Japanese style fried chicken with Soy sauce, ginger and garlic. This is a simple yet delicious Japanese-style fried chicken flavored with ginger, garlic and sake and soy sauce. Serve as an appetizer or with rice and veggies to make a yummy meal. It even tastes good cold; my mom used to make this to take with us on picnics.
Japanese-style fried chicken flavored with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce is the perfect snack for eating with sake or beer. Browse by: Dish Type Ingredient Cuisine Cooking Method Diet Season Menus Recipe Collections Quick Dinners View All. Cooking Techniques Ingredient Guides Equipment Kitchen. You can cook Japanese style fried chicken with Soy sauce, ginger and garlic using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese style fried chicken with Soy sauce, ginger and garlic
- You need 2 of chicken thighs.
- You need of ☆3 TBSP soy sauce.
- Prepare of ☆2 TBSP sake.
- Prepare of ☆2 TBSP sugar.
- It’s of ☆2 inch ginger – grated.
- You need of ☆2 clove garlic – minced.
- It’s of ☆dash of salt.
- It’s of ☆dash of paper.
- You need of ☆5 TBSP flour.
- You need of ☆1 egg.
- You need of ☆1 TBSP sesame oil.
- You need of ☆1/2 cup katsuobushi flakes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of potato starch.
Transfer marinated chicken into a large bowl. Heat oil in a large pan and fry chicken in batches, until browned and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and serve. In a small saucepan, combine soy sauce or tamari, mirin, sake or sherry, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
Japanese style fried chicken with Soy sauce, ginger and garlic instructions
- Cut chicken into a bite sized pieces..
- Put chicken in a large bowl, add all the ingredients of ☆ and mix them very well with hands. Leave it for at least 10 minutes.
- In a zip lock bag, add potato starch and add the marinated chicken. Coating with potato starch at the end just before frying will make the chicken crispy..
- In a large pan, heat 2 inches of oil to 180C. Cook the chicken until golden brown, 6 minutes. You can also tell if it’s done or not by holding a piece of chicken while still in the oil with your chopsticks. If the chicken is not vibrating, it is done..
This recipe for ginger and garlic chicken wings are marinated in a very simple sauce of soy sauce, mirin, ginger, and garlic. The wings are baked and then garnished with roasted white sesame seeds for a great appetizer or meal. This dish is also perfect for parties, potlucks, or save a few leftover wings to add to your bento lunch the next day! Dakgangjeong sauce can be prepared either a sweet and spicy way – similar to Korean fried chicken sauce or a sweet and savory way using soy sauce, honey and garlic. I have already shared the sweet and spicy version in the past, so be sure to check that one out as well.