Shredded chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes. The shredded chicken in gravy may be served over mashed potatoes, any sort of potatoes, toast, biscuits or bread, or even over mixed vegetables. This recipes provides a filling meal with just a little meat. The gravy is the standout in Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy—perfect for stirring into the mashed potatoes.
I usually make both so everyone is happy. Reduce temperature to warm then shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces using two forks. Serve chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes. You can have Shredded chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shredded chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes
- You need 4 of chicken thighs.
- You need 2 tbls of slap yo mama cajun seasoning.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- It’s 2 tbls of flour.
- It’s 2 tbls of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of med onion.
- Prepare 2 of tlbs butter.
Truth be told my kids prefer the Great Value over the name-brand popcorn chicken. Mashed potatoes – You can make boxed or homemade. Crunchy fried chicken tenders, coated in garlic flavored mashed potato flakes before frying, make a I used instant loaded baked potatoes and added shredded cheddar cheese to mix. Keeping the potatoes over the heat, mash until all lumps are removed.
Shredded chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes step by step
- Boil chicken with cajun seasoning until done. Let cool and shred. (DO NOT THROW OUT WATER!!).
- Sauté onion with 2 tlbs butter add oil and flour to make roux..
- Add stock from boiled chicken. Salt and pepper to taste Add water if to thick..
- Add chicken and heat throughout..
- Pour over mashed potatoes.
Add the butter, milk, yoghurt and salt and beat with a wooden spoon until the mashed potatoes are light and fluffy. For the chicken gravy, place the chicken roasting pan over medium heat and. Add russet potatoes and chopped onions; add Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper. Spoon potatoes onto platter with chicken; sprinkle potatoes with chives. Home > Recipes > Potatoes > Hamburger Gravy over Mashed Potatoes.